WELCOME, and thank you for your interest in becoming a SCAF High School Certified Referee
How to become a
AN OVERVIEW OF REFEREE CERTIFICATION GUIDELINES:
· Become a member of SCAF.
SCAF Certifies Referees for the Boys and
· You must be 18 years or older and must have graduated from High School.
· You must be willing to start referee training in the summer of the year prior to the upcoming school year.
· Instructional Clinics throughout the season.
You will be required to read the Rule Book and Interpretations of the Rules as
well as taking a 50 question test and passing the
Becoming a member of SCAF:
· Fill out the New Membership Form by clicking on this link (PDF) Print this PDF Form and follow the instructions.
· You will be instructed where to mail the New Membership Form for this year along with payment.
· Contact Jennifer Aronson SCAF Jr. Chair email@example.com
Once you have contacted Jennifer, she will guide you on what to do and who to contact from here. You will be put into a database and you will receive emails on training and sites for that training. You will work with senior referees who will work with you and guide you as needed.
How to become
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
AN OVERVIEW OF USAWP REFEREE CERTIFICATION GUIDELINES
1. Register with
2. Register for Certification Instruction www.usawpoa.org
3. Contact your Zone ODP Head Referee (contact information listed on this website) to complete the required “on-deck” observation and training.
Note: Steve Redding (SoPac Zone Referee Chair)
4. There are NO guarantees that everyone can and will become a Certified USA Water Polo Referee.
1. January 1 of every year register with USA Water Polo as a “Referee” or “Referee/Coach” Member.
2. Log onto to www.usawpoa.org site. Recertification, Arbitersports will let you know what Instruction Models are required for Re-Certification.
3. Contact your Zone ODP Head Referee to complete the required “practical” portion of training if you have not refereed for three years or more.